Author admin Posted on
ChickenChunks Mod 1.7.10/1.6.4/1.5.2 brings Minecraft a chunk loader. This item aims to keep all chunks loaded regardless of having players around or not.
You may have known that the world in the game is divided into various chunks. Based on the distance between you and chunks, the 16×16 areas will be loaded. When a chunk cannot be loaded, you know that there are no players nearby. Chunks are loaded only when players are online and nearby. It is because the in-game world is too huge. Also, to optimize the RAM, the chunks without any players nearby will not be updated. However, being unloaded like this will partly affect players’ survival gameplay. For instance, the animals cannot be grown up or the trees cannot be grown. Therefore, the Technology mod above was released to keep all chunks continuously loaded.
Here is the way that the mod functions:
- You need to craft an item called Chunk Loader first.
- Then, you place the item into the chunk area that needs to be loaded.
- The chunk loader acts as a virtual player that is close to that area. It keeps all chunks in that area loaded all the time.
You can apply this item to keep plants, trees, as well as animals developed. For the mob spawner, more mobs will spawn continuously and you will not have to reload chunks. To run ChickenChunks in the game, you need to install Minecraft Forge and CodeChickenCore.
How to install ChickenChunks Mod
- You have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu > type %appdata% > click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT > click Go then Library in the top menu bar.
- Open the folder Application Support > look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just ChickenChunks Mod downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the ChickenChunks Mod is installed.