Author admin Posted on
CompatLayer Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2 is a small and simple shared library for the use of McJty’s Mods. If you are using these McJty’s Mods or intend to use them in the future, you can’t ignore this library for any reason.
In fact, the mod provides a few useful tools with the function of helping to make mods binary compatible between 1.10 and 1.11. Notice that if you can guarantee that you make use of the API in the mod accurately, you are able to create a mod jar that can run on both versions.
At least, the mod can help you to minimize the source changes occurring between two versions: 1.10 version and 1.11 version when you need to have both versions for any reason. In short, the mod will do nothing more than providing a set of classes and functions used to abstract away the differences between the two versions.
- CompatBlock: It is a small expansion of Block that will override methods that have been altered in the 1.11 version. It also can call CompatLayer specific versions that you are possible to override in your code.
- CompatItem: It is a small expansion of Items that essentially perform similar things like CompatBlock but it is for items. At the moment, it includes ‘onItemRightClick’
- CompatInventory: It is an interface inheriting from IInventory. It aims to offer a default implementation for func_191420_l function.
- CompatSidedInventory: It is similar for ISidedInventory.
- ChatTools: Consists of a simple message ‘addChatMessage’ that will prevent the new parameter which player.addChatComponentMessage() has.
- ItemStackTools: Actually, it is the largest reason for the mod. ItemStack handling has been modified so much in the 1.11 version. Mainly, itemstacks will be never ‘null’. Instead, there will be a new empty itemstack.
Don’t hesitate anymore to get CompatLayer Mod for free download and use it for McJty’s Mods.
How to install CompatLayer Mod
- You have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu > type %appdata% > click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT > click Go then Library in the top menu bar.
- Open the folder Application Support > look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just CompatLayer Mod downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the CompatLayer Mod is installed.