Author admin Posted on
Light Overlay (Rift/Forge/Fabric) Mod 1.16.5/1.15.2/1.14.4 is a very useful function of NEI. This function lets you know when the mobs can spawn or cannot spawn.
About NEI (Not Enough Items), it is a mod that appeared long ago and also a famous mod to play. Besides allowing you to see the crafting recipes, NEI also comes with other features. It can help you stack chests, bring you items you need, and so forth.
Now, this Fabric mod brings a function of NEI, which is called Light Overlay. It allows you to check when the mobs can spawn and when they cannot spawn. When you turn this mod on, you will see some yellow or red crosses on blocks around you. Here are the characteristics of them:
- The yellow blocks mean mobs can spawn at night.
- The red blocks mean mobs can appear anytime.
You can press F7 to turn on/off this function. You can configure it in the Controls Settings of the game.
Here are the configs of the mod:
- Rift 1.13.2: Config Screen Not Available
- Forge 1.13.x: Config Screen Not Available
- Forge 1.14+: Mod List > Config
- Fabric 1.14+: Mod Menu > Config
The requirements of Light Overlay:
- Minecraft Forge
- Minecraft Fabric
Note: Fabric API and Architectury are necessary for Fabric, while Cloth Config (Forge) and Architectury are necessary for Forge.
How to install Light Overlay (Rift/Forge/Fabric) Mod
- You have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu > type %appdata% > click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT > click Go then Library in the top menu bar.
- Open the folder Application Support > look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just Light Overlay (Rift/Forge/Fabric) Mod downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the Light Overlay (Rift/Forge/Fabric) Mod is installed.