Author admin Posted on
Rats Mod 1.16.5/1.15.2/1.12.2 adds a lot of rats to Minecraft. They can move through doors and fences, take your food, and ruin your crops.
What do these creatures do?
This is one of the best Mobs mods to have in Minecraft. You will encounter lots of rats appearing at night in the Overworld. These creatures are like monsters as well as act like common rats. It is because they can move through any wooden walls, fences, and even doors. Also, if they see foods or seeds from chests, they will take them. Besides, they can even damage some crops. All of those behaviors make them insane rats!
You may want to know how to handle those creatures if they appear on your farm or around you. To keep your items safe from their attacks, you must create a rat trap. By activating that trap, no rats can attack your stuff. There are some classic defenses you can use, such as stone houses and Ocelots. However, there is another way to deal with these creatures, which is taming them. To domesticate them, you must have cheese. You can make cheese by pouring milk into a cauldron.
What will the Rats do for you after being tamed?
Once you have tamed those creatures, you can apply some commands to them, such as:
- Wander: The rats will move around just like other wild animals.
- Stay Here: The rats will sit down.
- Follow Me: They will follow you.
- Transport Items: They help you transport items after you have interacted with them with a Cheese Staff.
- Harvest: The rats will find a place that has grass blocks or mature crops. Then, they will harvest them for you.
- Gather Items: They will find an area to gather dropped items of any kind.
- Hunt Prey: The rats will search for small or aggressive mobs.
To run the Rats mod, you need to meet its requirement, which is downloading Minecraft Forge and Citadel previously.
How to install Rats Mod
- You have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu > type %appdata% > click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT > click Go then Library in the top menu bar.
- Open the folder Application Support > look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just Rats Mod downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the Rats Mod is installed.