Author admin Posted on
Soul Shards: The Old Ways Mod 1.12.2/1.10.2/1.7.10 is a modification relating to magic. You use a Soul Shard to catch creature’s souls then use them later.
Creatures in Minecraft are quite abundant. Instead of killing them, now, you can catch their souls using a special item added by the modification above. Once you have caught their souls, you can store them inside gems then make use of them later. You will also create a Soul Cage that you use to store the souls you have caught. There are plenty of creatures to catch souls such as Zombies, Skeletons, Creepers, Spiders, other animals, and so forth. The souls of these creatures also let you harvest a huge amount of resources and materials.
There are two important items to use:
- Soul Cage: It stores the creatures’ souls and works like Mob Spawner. You can use Redstone to control it to summon any creatures stored into the cage.
- Soul Shard: You have to create a small structure then right-click the middle with a diamond to get a shard. Although you cannot create Soul Shard using the common crafting mechanic, you can still get it from building construction. The shard will be bound to the entity you slay with it in the inventory. From here, it gets souls from that entity.
To run Soul Shards: The Old Ways, you have to install Minecraft Forge.
How to install Soul Shards: The Old Ways Mod
- You have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu > type %appdata% > click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT > click Go then Library in the top menu bar.
- Open the folder Application Support > look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just Soul Shards: The Old Ways Mod downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the Soul Shards: The Old Ways Mod is installed.